Sunday, December 2, 2012

Off to Dumaguete City I go for the CVIRAA 2012...


Dumaguete City. Photo Credit | Philippines Travel Online

This will be the second time I will be in Dumaguete City. I will be flying out early today with my mom as one of the archers representing Cebu City in the 2012 Central Visayas Regional Athletic Association Games (CVRAA). Tita Kate Go will also be with us as she will accompany her son, Karwin Go-Perez of Ateneo Cebu, the Olympic-round gold medalist for Boys Recurve Bow during the Mandaue City Games. Karwin and I are members of the Cebu Archery Club.

Photo Credit | Groupon Philippines Coupons


The rest of the delegates from Cebu City and other nearby contingents left last November 28 yet but since my school, Cebu Normal University-Integrated Laboratory is not under Dep Ed but under CHED, I had to attend to my classes until Friday.

The first time I was in Dumaguete City was in August 24-26, 2012 when I joined the 2012 Silliman University Founder's Day Archery Invitational Tournament.
  

Catching up with our practice a day before flying to Dumaguete City... We do indoor in the mornings and go outdoor in the afternoons

I will be competing in the Recurve Bow for Girls - 30, 40, 50, and 60-meter events with other archers from Bais, Bayawan, Bogo, Bohol, Carcar, Cebu Province, Danao, Dumaguete, Guihulngan, Lapu-Lapu, Mandaue, Naga, Negros Oriental, Siquijor, Tagbilaran, Talisay, Tanjay and Toledo.
  
Archers from Dumaguete City have always been the perennial winners in the Archery event. But who knows, maybe it's going to be different this year.

The main venue of the CVIRAA 2012 Games is at the Mariano Perdices Sports Stadium. I still don't know where the Archery events will be held. I will have to ask around when I reach Dumaguete City today.

Photo Credit (6 photos below) | Skycraper City Forums


No comments:

Post a Comment