Friday, December 7, 2012

Archery CVIRAA 2012 | Day 5, Friday, December 7, 2012

Good morning everyone!

I'm posting this before leaving for the Silliman University Archery Range. This is the schedule for the Olympic round today.
  • For the 1/16 Round - I am paired (Rank 7) with Rank 26: GN Libunfacil of Tagbilaran City
  • For the 1/8 Round - whoever wins our 1/16 match will face the winner of the match between Rank 10: Jonalene Rae Clavano (Dumaguete City) and Rank 23: Johan Obena (Tagbilaran City)
  • For the 1/4 Round - Winner of winner of Rank 7 & 26  vs winner of Rank 10 & 23

Photos and activities for today will be posted tonight...

 

Good evening everyone! I'm back with my lappie...

Dumaguete City, December 7, 2012, 7:35PM

As promised I'm back to document today's activities - the last day of CVIRAA 2012. I need to upload the photos as quick as I can as we still need to pack up our things for tomorrow's departure. Mom's body is aching after a week of action. She was my all-around support during the week-long competition. Without her, I could not imagine what would have happened. Thanks mom for all the support... and to you dad, too. Even if you're far away, I can feel your support all the way!

After giving a briefer (my partial post above) on today's event  just before we left the hotel this morning, we still managed to be at the Archery Range on time. Everyone was getting ready for the penultimate day of the Archery competition. When I saw everyone preparing their equipment, I saw a colorful blend of actions, reactions and emotions... There were victories and upset for some archers... others saw unexpected results... somte archers showed promising future in archery... some were marked as archers to note in future tournaments... others will be moving on and will no longer be eligible for future stagings of the CVIRAA... others came just for the fun of it... and a lot lot more that only the archers can tell. There are many sweet and victorious moments as well as emotional and heartbreaking times during the tournament. For me, being my first CVIRAA tournament, I gained a lot of experience and techniques in Archery which will help me in the future. i learned the need to have the depth of experience necessary to be a champion. I also saw the need to be physically fit and mentally alert in order to succeed.

I went to the range this morning with good disposition... (charge it to the green mango salad that Coach Jing gave to mom) ready to do my best in the last two events that I have for the day.

 

Girls Olympic Round

I was matched with GN Libumfacil of Tagbilaran City in the 40 m 1/16th Olympic round. After the set, I advanced to the 1/8th round against Jonalene Rae Clavano of Dumaguete City. I was at an advantage before my last arrow was released. But Clavano's last arrow stopped me to advance to the next round.

Here are some photos of the matches I had with Libumfacil and Clavano...
Here's the scoreboard for the 1/16th round

 

40-meter Team (Trio)

Three girl Archers from the Cebu City Team were selected based on our Individual Scores. The members of Cebu City Girls Team (Trio) were: #1 - Rey Ann Flores (1096), #7 - Chloe Eunice Abad (867), and #11 - Saralee Garcia (807).

The order on how we reached the Medal match:
  • 40 Meter Team (Trio) 1/4th Olympic Round -  Cebu City (2770) defeated Tagbilaran City (1515)
  • 40 Meter Team (Trio) Semi Finals Olympic Round - Our Team defeated Cebu Province Team (2423)
  • 40 Meter Team (Trio) Medal Match Olympic Round - Our Team won the SILVER MEDAL. The Gold Medal was won by the Mandaue City Archers (2935) 
Here are some photos taken during  the Team Competition against Tagbilaran City, Cebu Province and Mandaue City:
 

Here's the Scoreboard for the Team Event (Girls) where we got SILVER. Mandaue City got the Gold.

Here's the Scoreboard for the Team Event (Boys) where our counterparts got the GOLD. Silver was won by Talisay City.

 

Awarding Ceremonies

Here are some photos taken during the Awarding Ceremonies.

The 2012 CVIRAA Archery Medals waiting to be awarded to deserving archers

With Coach Jing (Olympian Archer Jennifer Chan). Though I have not reaped Individual medals during this tournament, I believe that with the excellent mentoring of Coach Jing, I will be able to develop my archery skills in preparation  for future Archery Competitions like this.

Good night everyone! I will be missing CVIRAA 2012 and hope to see you in CVIRAA 2013.

Got to go... I need to help pack our things as our flight back to Cebu will be early tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment