Monday, December 3, 2012

My Parents, My No. 1 Fans!

"I have really great, great parents, who are supportive of me" ~Justine Timberlake
To say that my parents are supportive of me is an understatement! They are incredibly supportive of my Archery journey.

My dad is my No.1 fan. Even if he's many many miles away, he would always make sure he gets 'hot' updates of practices and tournaments I join. The last time I competed at the 22nd Cebu City Olympics in November, he spent a fortune calling me or Ate Fe to get updates. Mom was not around during that time that's why he had to make those calls even if I was still at the range. If mom was around, dad would be able to get updates with photos through Viber, What's App or Fring. This time, mom is with me so I'm sure Dad would get fresh updates as they would come. My mom is my other No. 1 fan! She had to sacrifice her work and filed for a leave just to be with me.

Mind you, my dad is soooo 'makulit' and he would even want to go through the juiciest details on how the arrow propelled to hit the target butt, the scores, the wind velocity... Well, it's mom's turn to address dad's 'kakulitan' this time.

Anyway, I'm so thankful of having an incredibly supportive parents and siblings. Here's dad's well-wishes for me as I start my campaign for the 30, 40, 50, and 60-meter distances of the Archery Recurve for Girls tomorrow.

Thank you dad and mom for the support. I'll do my best!


My dad's Facebook well-wishes in my quest for Archery honors in the CVIRAA 2012

Thanks too for the Smart Phone apps that offers free communication to a loved one who is hundred of miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment