Saturday, December 8, 2012

A supposed participant to the Indoor Archery World Cup Stage 1 - Singapore

As part of getting an experience and exposure to world-class Archery, I registered to the Indoor Archery World Cup Stage 1 in Singapore together with some members of the Cebu Archery Club last July 2012. I know that such experience will be worthwhile. I was excited and was really serious about this that I even had to beg off a school semestral break travel to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and to Singapore last month with Ate Gabrielle and my first cousins, Ate Kara and Ate Nicole. I started saving for the trip but then later realized that there are better plans. Had I joined my wanderlust cousins and sister, I would not have been able to join the 2012 Cebu City Olympics last month for the pre-selection of athletes to the 2012 CVIRAA.

The schedule of the Indoor Archery World Cup Stage 1 in Singapore which was scheduled starting today, December 8 & 9 would not be possible as it will be in conflict with other Archery Tournaments that would give me better experience and exposure. The 2012 CVIRAA Regional Games held here in Dumaguete City from December 2-7 was considered to be a better experience for a starter like me. It will not be possible to have everything else I will be burnt out... hahaha... In fact CVIRAA was already in conflict with the schedule of Batang Pinoy National Games in Iloilo City on December 4-9. I am suppose to represent Cebu City in the Archery for Girls at the Batang Pinoy in Iloilo and till the last minute was planning out with my parents on how to catch up in the Games. But with the delays in the Games at CVIRAA caused by the untimely Super Typhoon Pablo, all hopes of making it to Iloilo went pfffft.

Because I was officially registered for the Indoor Archery World Cup, my name appeared in the list of participants. Probably, some people would raise their eyebrows why a 12-year old girl who know nothing about Archery is included in the list...jejejeje...(in the same category as the champions and great archers).

Well, now that you know that I registered, you will no longer be surprised and wonder in case you happen to see my name in the list.
 Click the photo to visit the Webpage of the Indoor Archery World Cup

Here's the Invitation Letter to Indoor Archers

And here, you will see the participants to the Indoor Archery World Cup in Singapore... Many great names from the Philippines and all over the world.

Click the link and you'll see who's Participant No. 178 - Hahaha...

List of Participants to the World Indoor Cup 2013 Stage 1 - Singapore


In a couple of hours, mom and I will be flying out of Dumaguete City... Nope, we're not flying to Singapore for the Indoor Archery World Cup. We're flying back to our home in Cebu. How I so missed my Kuya Kevin, Ate Gabrielle, Ate Fe, my cousins, my classmates, and everyone including our dear Justine.

It will be back to school in two days after a weeklong absence because of the CVIRAA... and there's a lot... real lot of catching up to do in my academics.

Have a nice weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment