Friday, December 7, 2012

CVIRAA 2012 Archery Awarding Ceremony


Photo Credit | Spondon Trophies
"Victory isn't defined by wins or losses. It is defined by effort. If you can truthfully say, 'I did the best I could, I gave everything I had,' then you're a winner." ~Wolfgang Schadler


I always love to look forward to Awarding Ceremonies because it's about celebrating people and their victories. The Archery Awarding Ceremony this afternoon was about celebrating the triumph of the best of the best archers in the 2012 Central Visayas Regional Athletic Association (CVIRAA). It's about how the archer prepared himself or herself for the tournament... it's about what one has for every arrow released into the air... it's about time, energy, money, and effort to reach this stage... it's about the sacrifices of the parents, families, teachers, trainers, coaches, friends... it's even about things that are never listed in the Archery protocols, rules, and regulations.

I felt good and honored to be at the awards ceremony. I didn’t get any individual medal except for a silver medal in our Team Event but I was honored to be there this afternoon!

_________________________________
 
"Love the game. Love the game for the pure joy of accomplishment. Love the game for everything it can teach you about yourself. Love the game for the feeling of belonging to a group endeavoring to do its best. Love the game for being involved in a team whose members can't wait to see you do your best. Love the game for the challenge of working harder than you ever have at something and then harder than that. Love the game because it takes all team members to give it life. Love the game because at its best, the game tradition will include your contributions. Love the game because you belong to a long line of fine athletes who have loved it.  It is now your legacy. Love the game so much that you will pass on your love of the game to another athlete who has seen your dedication, your work, your challenges, your triumphs... and then that athlete will, because of you, love the game."  ~ Unknown
_________________________________

 Here are some of the medals waiting to be awarded to deserving and winning archers.

Winning means you're willing to go longer,
work harder, and give more than anyone else.

I am very fortunate that at 12, I have what other archers could only dream about... I have the best coaches and mentors that one could ever have. With only around 6 months of handling the bow and arrows, I have joined this competition and managed to rank number 7 overall out of 28 best girl archers from the region. I wish to thank my coaches - Coach Architect Dondon Sombrio, Coach Joe Montalvo and Coach Jennifer 'Jing' Chan for all the help and sacrifices they have given me. I hope they will never get tired of coaching and molding me into a champion like them someday.

With Coach Jing (Olympian Archer Jennifer Chan). Though I have not reaped Individual medals during this tournament, I believe that with the excellent mentoring of my coaches like Coach Jing, I will be able to develop my archery skills in preparation  for future Archery Competitions like this...

Here's Rey Anne Flores of Cebu City flanked by two girl archers from Mandaue City. Rey Anne swept almost all the gold medals in the Girls Individual events. The Mandaue City girl archers also showed great shooting prowess.

Here are two boy archers from Cebu City standing beside the winner of this event. This could be Karl Mari, a bemedalled Archer from Dumaguete City

The Cebu City Girls Team (Trio) receiving their silver medals in the Girls Team Event with the rest of the team, coach, and chaperone. Members of the trio are -#1 - Rey Ann Flores (1096), #7 - Chloe Eunice Abad (867), and #11 - Saralee Garcia (807).

Hahaha... I was trying to run away from the cam but my mom was able to get this snap 
"Somewhere behind the athlete you've become and the hours of practice and the coaches who have pushed you is a little girl who fell in love with the game and never looked back... play for her."
The Cebu City Archers with the chaperone and coach. All the Cebu City Archers are from Gothong National High School. I am the  only one from Cebu Normal University - Integrated Laboratory School.
When you put on that jersey,
the name on the front is more important
than the name on the back.


"When all is said and done,
it's not the shots that won the championship that you remember, but the friendships you made along the way." ~ Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment